Jeremy Freeman is the lead pastor of First Baptist Church in Newcastle, Oklahoma. He was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, but attended college at Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU). He met his wife, Emily, at OBU, and they have been married for twenty three years. They have seven children: Brittany is a senior at OBU, Caleb recently graduated from Rose State College, Clayton is a freshman at OBU, Aubrey is in the 8th grade, Luke is 7 and Addi is 6. They also have one son, Trey, who went to be with the Lord nine years ago. Jeremy has been at First Baptist Church in Newcastle for 13 years and in full time ministry for 22 years.
Caleb is 21 years old, and a recent graduate of Rose State College. On December 19, 2017, Caleb and his brother, Clayton, were in a near fatal car accident on their way to a University of Oklahoma basketball game. Clayton suffered a minor concussion, but Caleb suffered a severe traumatic brain injury. Caleb was not expected to live the night of the accident, and if he did live, was not expected to live any kind of a normal life. God chose not only to spare Caleb’s life, but also to miraculously begin healing him. For the last 4 1/2 years, Caleb has been a walking/talking miracle! His story is impacting thousands of lives all across this country.
Questions we discuss during our chat:
1. What does #butGod mean?
2. How has God used trial, adversity, and loss in your lives?
3. Where have you struggled to trust/believe God in your journey?
4. If you could go back to December 19, 2017 and change anything, would you? Why or why not?
5. How do you pray God uses your story for His glory?
6. What are your hopes for the future? What are Caleb’s plans and how do you see God using the book?
Check out the book here.
Pray for Caleb page here.