Dr. Matthew Turvey serves as a psychologist for Chick-fil-A, Inc. In this role he advocates and encourages for the overall emotional, relational, spiritual, and mental flourishing of the company’s franchisees. Prior to this role, he spent more than a decade in marriage ministry. Matt has been married to his beautiful wife Nicole for over 25 years. Together they have four children ranging in age from elementary to college. They enjoy traveling as a family and have visited 6 of 7 continents….and they’re still trying to figure out an affordable way to get to Antarctica. A guiding scripture that drives Matt is Proverbs 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”
Questions we discuss during our chat:
- Describe your role within Chick-fil-A.
- How might flourishing be received today in American businesses?
- What are some examples of programs that lead to flourishing?
- What could our listeners do to improve their own sense of well-being or flourishing?
- What drives you to do this work?